For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me. MATTHEW 25:35
St. Paul’s Community Garden, now in its 9th year, has provided well over 1,000 pounds of fresh vegetables to patrons of the New Hope Ministries for each of those years. New Hope Ministries is a “Christian social service agency that shows the love and hope of Christ by serving the Central PA community in times of need and supporting their efforts toward stability.”
Thank you to Jonne and Eric Dundore for being 2022’s Community Garden Chairs. We need of a second chair to take over the following summer ASAP. Join in giving major thanks to Wendy Hayden and Jody Biss for doing such an awesome job being the chairs last year. In addition, we need to thank Herb Bomberger for continuing to be our “Potato Master” and to Kathy and Mike Aumiller for working their magic with getting corporate donors.
We cannot make the Garden successful without the help of all our volunteers over the past 9 years, who have worked so hard to make our Garden produce abundantly. We hope that they and you will come and join us for this year’s season of growing.
To that end, here are the dates for big group workdays for 2022:
· April 23 – 9:00 AM to Noon – Clean-up and repair, weeding, rototilling, and planting spring veggies
· May 21 – 9 to noon – opening irrigation, weeding, planting more veggies
· June 18 – 9 to noon – harvesting, planting, weeding and any other needed work
· July 16 – 9 to noon – more of the same
· August 20 – 9 to noon – more of the same
· September 17 – 9 to noon – more of the same
· October 15 – 9 to noon – putting the garden to bed for the year.
Volunteers should bring gloves, kneelers, and their positive energy. We will provide water and snacks for all. You certainly don’t have to be here for the entire three-hour time frame. During the peak growing season (July, August, September) we could use persons coming during the weekdays to weed and harvest and water as needed. There will be a sign-up sheet.
We hope that YOU will come and help with St. Paul’s Mission to Feed the Hungry!