Thank you for sharing your time to make worship a more meaningful experience. You are the first person that people entering our worship space will meet.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask the Greeter Coordinator.
• Arrive at the church 15 minutes prior to the time the service is to begin.
• Be sure a greeter is at the door next to the kitchen (first priority) and in the Commons at the entrance to the Narthex (second priority) at all times before the service begins.
Greet people as they arrive:
• Welcome everyone with a warm smile, a greeting (“Good Morning!”) and a handshake.
• Make eye contact with the people and SMILE. If someone is unfamiliar to you, you might ask if this is their first time at St. Paul’s. If so, extend a warm “Welcome.” If they have been here before - “Welcome back! I look forward to getting to know you.”
• Be attentive while greeting. People may have needs and you may need to supply information for them.
• It is easy to focus on just the people you know. However, in this position you need to focus on everyone.
• Once the service begins, you may take your seat. Thanks for your service.
Give families with young children extra information:
• Tell visitors with young children about our childcare and where the nursery is located.
• Let the parent/guardian know that there are activity kits available if they want them.